Infrared Non-Contact Thermometer Model: AT2102
Follow the maintenance advice specified in this instruction manual:
- This device may be used for professional purposes and personal home use.
- Do not use this device for any other purposes than described by this user manual.
- This device must only be used in an ambient temperature range between 10°C and 40°C.
- This device must always be kept in a clean, dry area.
- Do not expose this thermometer to electric shocks.
- Do not expose this thermometer to extreme temperature conditions of ＞55°C or ＜-20°C.
- Do not use this device in relative humidity higher than 85%.
- The protective glass over the lens is the most fragile part of the thermometer.
- Do not touch the glass of the infrared lens with your fingers.
- Clean the glass with a cotton ball lightly moistened with 95° alcohol.
- Do not expose the thermometer to direct sunlight or water.
- Never drop the device.
- Should a problem occur with your device, please contact your retailer.
- Do not attempt to repair this device yourself.
Note: THE MANUFACTURER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER THE SPECIFICATIONS OF THE PRODUCT WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION
The AT2102 Infrared Non-Contact Thermometer has been developed using the latest infrared technology. This technology allows temporal artery (TA) temperature to be taken at a distance of about 3cm~5cm away from the forehead. Precise, instantaneous, and without contact, the AT2102 is, up to now, the most suitable thermometer for temperature measurement. It has been demonstrated that this method of TA temperature measurement is more precise than the tympanic thermometry and better tolerated than rectal thermometry ( 1). However, as with other types of thermometers, it is essential to use the AT2102 properly in order to obtain reliable and stable results. You are therefore advised to read this instruction manual and the safety precautions carefully before use.
(1)Greenes D, Fleisher G. Accuracy of a Noninvasive Temporal Artery Thermometer for Use in Infants. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2001;155:376.
PRECAUTIONS BEFORE USE
The AT2102 is pre-set at the factory. It is not necessary to calibrate the device when starting it up.
In order to obtain reliable and stable results, you are advised each time there is a significant change in the ambient temperature due to a change in environment, to allow the AT2102 to acclimatize to the new ambient temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before using it. It is important to allow a 1 minute interval between each measurement.
All objects, solid, liquid, or gas, emit energy by radiation. The intensity of this energy depends on the temperature of the object. The AT2102 infrared thermometer is therefore able to measure the temperature of a person by the energy the person emits. This measurement can be taken thanks to an external temperature probe on the device which analyses and registers the ambient temperature. Therefore, as soon as the operator holds the thermometer near the body and activates the infrared sensor, the measurement is taken instantly by detection of the infrared heat generated by the arterial blood flow. Body heat can therefore be measured without any interference from the heat of the surrounding environment.
NORMAL TEMPERATURES ACCORDING TO AGE
|> 65 years||35.8-37.5||96.4-99.5|
PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS WHEN TAKING A TEMPERATURE
- In order to ensure that precise and accurate temperature measurements are obtained, it is essential that each user receive adequate information on and training in the temperature measurement technique when using this device.
- It is essential to remember that although procedures such as taking a temperature may be simple, they must not be trivialized.
- Temperature should be taken in a neutral context. The patient must not have undertaken vigorous physical activity prior to taking his/her temperature and the room temperature must be moderate.
- Be aware of physiological variations in temperature which must be taken into consideration when evaluating the results: temperature increases by 0.5°C between 6 am and 3 pm. Women have a temperature that is higher, on average, by around 0.2°C. Their temperature also varies in accordance with their ovarian cycle. It rises by 0.5°C in the second half of the cycle and at the early stages of pregnancy.
- When sitting, temperature is lower by about 0.3°C to 0.4°C than when standing.
HOW TO TAKE A TEMPERATURE
- Aim at the FOREHEAD over the right temporal region from a distance of about 3cm~5cm
- Press the thermometer’s measurement button and the temperature is instantly measured and displayed.
- The reliability of the measurement cannot be guaranteed if the temperature is measured over another part of the body (e.g. arm, torso, etc.)
Please observe the following before any temperature measurements to ensure a stable and reliable result:
- Push back hair from the forehead
- Wipe away any perspiration from the forehead
- Avoid any drafts (e.g. from nasal cannulas, air conditioning, etc.)
- Allow a 1 minute interval between each measurement.
- Each time there is a significant change in the ambient temperature due to a change in the environment, allow the AT2102 to acclimatize to this ambient temperature for at least 15 minutes before using it.
1. Specially designed to take the Human Body Temperature with a 3cm~5cm (1.2~2 in) distance from forehead.
2. Reliable and stable measurement, thanks to the advantage Infrared Detection System.
3. Audible alarm if temperature is more than 38°C (100.4°F).
4. Internal storage can hold up to 32 temperature measurements.
5. Backlit LCD digital display screen.
6. Temperature unit can be displayed in either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
7. Automatic power-off (30 sec) to conserve energy.
8. Longevity use (40,000 readings).
9. Practical, easy to use.
10. Tricolor readings based on temperature : The display will be green if the temperature is <37.3°C (99.1°F), yellow if it is between 37.4°C (99.3°F) and 37.9°C (100.2°F), and red if it is >38°C (100.4°F).
The AT2102 can also be used to measure the temperature of a baby-bottle or bath (by using the Surface Temp Mode), or room temperature (by using the Room Mode).
1. Install batteries (2-AAA Alkaline).
2. For the first use, or when inserting new batteries, wait from 10~15 minutes for the warm-up of the unit. This will allow the unit to become acclimated to the temperature of the room.
3. Press the “On/Scan” button, aim towards the forehead from a distance of 3cm~5cm, and press the “On/Scan” button again to begin the scanning process; the temperature is displayed in 1 second.
4. Before taking the temperature, make sure to remove hair and perspiration from the forehead.
SETTING AND FUNCTION OF MENU
Switch on the Device:
- To power-on the device, press the “On/Scan” button for one second. The device will enter the standby mode showing “---°C” or “----°F” on the screen.
- By pressing the “On/Scan” button again, you will get the measuring result in 1 second.
- If inactivity exceeds 30 seconds, the device will automatically shut down.
Toggle Sound On/Off:
- On the right side, press the buzzer button to toggle the sound on/off.
Changing the Mode:
1. Press “MODE” button, and the screen will display: “ Body…°C”
2. Press “MODE” again and the screen will display: “ Room…°C”
3. Press “MODE” again and the screen will display: “ Surface Temp…°C”
Note: The thermometer default is set to “BODY” mode.
Toggle Between °C/°F:
- When the device is on, press the “ °C/ °F” button to change between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
To View Recent Readings:
- Press the “ MEM” (Memory) button, which will then display the last temperature, and allows for a view of the last 32 measurements.
- To delete all memory on device, press and hold the “ MEM” button for 5 seconds. Then press "MEM" button again, and the display will show "CLr.”
Important! The surface temperature differs from the internal body temperature. To obtain the internal temperature, always use the “BODY” mode. Please make sure to select “SURFACE TEMP” mode for an external area reading.
Recalibration of device via the F4 MENU:
When there is a difference between AT2102 and a mercury thermometer, you can use the recalibration function to adjust the AT2102 to match with the mercury thermometer.
- In the On state, press the “ MODE” and “°C/ °F” buttons, at the same time, for 3 seconds. The screen will then display “F4”
- Press “ MODE” to increase by 0.1°C, and press “°C/ °F” to reduce by 0.1°C.
- Press “ MEM” button to save the setting.
Note: In the cases of seasonal or environmental changes, a verification and adjustment should be carried out.
Changing the Batteries:
When the LCD screen displays the flashing symbol , the batteries are in need of replacement.
- Open the back cover and replace the batteries, taking great care with the correct positioning. A mistake with this could cause damage to the apparatus and compromise the
guarantee of your AT2102.
- Never use rechargeable batteries. Use only batteries for single usage.
- Normal Using Condition: Ambient temperature: 10°C ~ 40°C (50°F ~ 104°F) Relative humidity: ≤85%
- Batteries : DC 3V (2 x AAA batteries)
- Unit size: 130 x 45 x 55 mm (L x W x H)
- Unit weight (without batteries): 75g
- Temperature display resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
- In body mode: 32°C ~ 42.9°C (89.6°F ~ 109.2°F)
- In surface temp mode: 0°C ~ 60°C (32°F ~ 140°F)
- In room mode: 0°C ~ 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F)
- 32.0°C ~ 35.9°C (89.6°F ~ 96.6°F) ±0.3°C (±0.6°F)
- 36.0°C ~ 39.0°C (96.8°F ~ 102.2°F) ±0.2°C (±0.4°F)
- 39.1°C ~ 42.9°C (102.4°F ~ 109 .2°F) ±0.3°C (±0.6°F)
Accuracy: ± 0.3°C (0.6°F)
Measuring distance: 3cm ~ 5cm (1.2in ~ 2in)
Automatic power-off: 30 sec
Note: The Infrared Non-contact Thermometer Model AT2102 can take temperature readings below 32°C or above 42.9°C (89.6°F to 109.2°F) but precision is not guaranteed outside of this range.
LONGEVITY OF THE PRODUCT
The AT2102 was developed for intense and professional use. Its longevity is guaranteed for 40,000 readings.
MAINTENANCE OF THE PRODUCT
- The protective glass over the lens is the most important and fragile part of the thermometer. Please take great care of it.
- Clean the glass with cotton fabric, wet with 95% alcohol.
- Do not use other batteries than mentioned batteries. Do not recharge non-rechargeable batteries. Do not throw in fire.
- Remove the batteries when the thermometer is not used for an extended period of time.
- Do not expose the thermometer to direct sunlight or water.
- An impact will damage the product.
1 x User Manual in English
2 x AAA alkaline batteries
1 x Carrying Bag
This device complies with the EU Directive 93/42/EEC concerning medical products, the ASTM E 1965-98 and the European Standard EN60601-1-2 and is subject to particular precautions with regard to electromagnetic compatibility.
If you have problems while using your thermometer, please refer to this guide to help resolve the problem. If the problem persists, please contact our customer service.
THE SCREEN DISPLAYS THE MESSAGE HI
When using the AT2102 Thermometer, the message “ HI” can show on the screen. In this case, the temperature is above the measurement range selected, above 42.9 °C (109.2°F) in Body Mode.
THE SCREEN DISPLAYS THE MESSAGE LO
When using the AT2102 Thermometer, the message “ LO” can show on the screen. In this case, the temperature analyzed is under the measuring range selected, less than 32°C (89.6°F) in Body Mode.
This message displays for various reasons. Please find below a list of the main issues：
|Reasons for LO message display||Advice|
|Temperature reading hampered by hair or perspiration.||Make sure there is no obstruction or dampness prior to taking temperature.|
|Temperature hampered by an air draft or dramatic change in ambient area of use||Make sure there is no air blowing in the; this could affect the infrared temperature reading.|
|Temperature readings are too close together, and the thermometer did not have time to reboot.||Pause for 15 seconds minimum between readings; a 1 minute pause is recommended.|
|The measuring distance is too far.||Take measurements at the recommended distance (app. 3~5 cm; 1.2in~2.0in).|